- College Board- Improving Student Transfer (2011) (PDF)
- Promising Practices in Statewide Articulation and Transfer Systems (2010) (PDF)
- Women’s Experiences in the STEM Community College Transfer Pathway (PDF) by Becky Wai-Ling Packard
The Role of Community Colleges in STEM Education
- The Important Role of Community Colleges in Undergraduate Biology Education (PDF) by Linnea Fletcher and Celeste Carter
- Growing Roles for Science Education in Community Colleges (PDF) by George Boggs
Challenges Facing Community Colleges
- Can Community Colleges Achieve Ambitious Graduation Goals? (PDF) by Thomas Bailey
Resources & Links Suggested by Summit Participants
- STEMtech Conference from the League for Innovation
- GeoTech Center – NSF-sponsored Center for Workforce Training in Geospatial Technology.
- NSF Division of Undergraduate Education Programs
- South Carolina ATE National Resource Center – NSF Advanced Technological Education funded center.
- Teaching Technicians: Resource site for technician professional development – Funded by NSF ATE program.
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Improving Child Care Access to Promote Postsecondary Success Among Low-Income Parents by Kevin Miller, Ph.D., Barbara Gault, Ph.D. (March 2011)
- Opportunities for Low-Income Women and Student Parents In Science, Technology, Engineering and Math At Community Colleges
- Engineering Pathways Program: “Stimulating Minds. Inspiring Careers.” from Science Foundation Arizona
- Miami Dade College School of Science
- National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering
- Biotechnology program gives Colorado high school students a head start in booming field. (Denver Post)