Save the dates
Details for registration and agendas will be posted soon. Options for participating remotely will be available.
- Workshop on Blue Carbon
July 26, 2017
Woods Hole, MA
Download the agenda (pdf)
- Workshop on Terrestrial Biosphere Sequestration
September 19, 2017
Fort Collins, CO
- Workshop on Direct Air Capture/Biomass Electricity
October 23, 2017
Palo Alto, CA
- Workshop on Geological sequestration
October 24, 2017
Palo Alto, CA
Meeting 1: Developing a Research Agenda for Carbon Dioxide Removal and Reliable Sequestration — May 24, 2017
500 Fifth St. NW, Washington, DC
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
GOALS FOR THE OPEN SESSION DISCUSSIONS
- Clearly understand the needs, perspectives, and expectations of the study sponsors
- Explore the committee’s task with other stakeholders
1:00 P.M.: Introductions (Committee and guests) — Steve Pacala, Committee Chair
1:45 P.M.: Study Sponsors’ Perspectives on the Committee’s Task
- More clearly understand perspectives of report sponsors – what are the most important issues to be covered in the report?
- Explore nuances of committee’s task – what should be included in report?
- What is hoped for out of study – both as a direct deliverable and what would “success” look like?
2:45 P.M.: Break
3:15 P.M.: Continue discussing study sponsor perspectives on the task
4:45 P.M.: Public comment session to allow all meeting participants to offer additional contributions to the discussion — Steve Pacala | Video
- What issues are important to other communities?
- How might this study be the most useful to the broader community?
- What are the most urgent unanswered scientific and technical questions?
5:30 P.M.: Adjourn Open Session
Webinar: Introduction to Blue Carbon and Coastal Wetland Restoration—July 19, 2017, 1-2:30pm ET
Webinar objective: to provide an introduction to blue carbon and explore the costs, challenges, and benefits of restoring coastal wetlands, and how blue carbon benefits may motivate restoration.
2:05 PM: Discussion and questions from study committee
2:30 PM: Adjourn