Welcome to the home page for the Decadal Survey of Ocean Sciences. This National Research Council study was formed at the request of the National Science Foundation to:
- Summarize ocean science advancements from the past decade
- Identify ocean science priorities for the next decade
- Analyze the ability of current research infrastructure to address those priorities
- Recommend an infrastructure portfolio that is needed to advance those priorities
- Assess opportunities for NSF to meet research priorities by complementing ocean science research conducted by other federal agencies
Read the complete study charge. The committee is seeking guidance from the ocean sciences community on the prioritization of research and facilities for the coming decade. Please submit your comments and take a moment to read through what other community members have written. The deadline to submit your comments is March 15, 2014.