ILAR Roundtable At-a-Glance
To facilitate on-going discussion and information exchange on topics of interest to those involved with the science and welfare of using laboratory animals.
That the discussion and information exchange among scientists and professionals working with laboratory animals will lead to more science-informed approaches to improved animal care and use and further the development and implementation of techniques that refine, reduce or replace the use of laboratory animals when scientifically valid and regulatory compliant.
|What do we do?||For whom do we do it?||How will we get it done?|
Who is on the Roundtable?
The ILAR Roundtable (Roundtable on Science and Welfare in Laboratory Animal Use) is made up of representatives of the many constituencies with strong interests in the use of laboratory animals in research and testing: government agencies, pharmaceutical and consumer product corporations, vendors, animal advocacy groups, professional societies, and academic institutions, including scientists and veterinarians.
The ILAR Roundtable is supported by:
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Covance Laboratories
- Emory University
- Johnson and Johnson/Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Merck & Co.
- National Primate Research Centers
- National Science Foundation
- University of California, Davis
- University of Michigan
- University of Pittsburgh
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Yale University