A collection of publicly available background materials and resources related to the committee’s task are available below. These items are intended to provide an introduction and are not intended to be exhaustive. The National Academies is not responsible for the content of external internet sites, and representation on this page does not indicate endorsement or concurrence by the committee or the National Academies.
- A Synthetic Biology Roadmap for the UK – UK Synthetic Biology Roadmap Coordination Group – (2012)
- National Bioeconomy Blueprint – The White House – OSTP Document (2012)
- Applications of Synthetic Biology to Enhance Life – Keasling, Jay and J. Craig Venter – The Bridge (Fall 2013)
- Summary Report of a Six Academies Symposium Series (2013): Positioning Synthetic Biology to Meet the Challenges of the 21st Century – The National Academy Press
- Forum on Synthetic Biology – National Academy of Sciences