A data-gathering workshop was held May 28th and 29th, 2014 at the National Academy of Sciences Building (2101 Constitution Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20037).
The workshop featured sessions on:
- Perspectives on Chemical Industry Process,
- Computer-Aided Design, Manufacturing, and Testing,
- Synthesis and Genome Scale Engineering,
- Measurement of Engineered Organisms, Pathways, Systems,
- Technical Challenges in Safety and Bio-containment,
- Advanced Molecules, and
- Scale Up and Scale Out.
Agenda Book [PDF] – 5/30/2014
Session 1: Welcome and Opening Presentation
Session 2: Perspectives on Chemical Industry Process
Session 3: Technical Challenges in Safety and Biocontainment
Session 4: Synthesis and Genome Scale Engineering
Session 5: Measurement
Session 6: Computer-Aided Design, Manufacturing, and Testing
Session 7: Advanced Molecules
Session 8: Scale Up and Scale Out
For more information, please visit the National Academies current projects system.